There's a role posted internally — senior PM on the infrastructure modernization program. Posted...
Private by default — share only the days you choose.
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!
Sign in to leave a comment.
There's a role posted internally — senior PM on the infrastructure modernization program. Posted...
The vendor selection project came up again today. Paulina asked me directly if I wanted to lead it...
The internal transfer posting closed Friday. Deadline to express interest was end of day and I let...
Renewal decision sitting on my desk this week: my PMP cert lapses in August if I don't log 60 PDUs...
Declined the internal move today. Formally, via email, around 10 a.m. The role was a senior program...
Q3 numbers came in this morning. Savings rate landed at 28%, one point below what I was targeting but not a crisis — the dental work in August ate about $900 I hadn't planned for. RRSP contribution is on track; TFSA got a smaller top-up than I'd have liked because I redirected $500 toward the HELOC instead. That was the right call at the time. Still think so.
The actual thing sitting on my desk: there's an internal move being floated for a senior PM role on the infrastructure migration program. Director mentioned it casually in our one-on-one last Tuesday. Not a formal posting yet, just a "would you be interested" temperature check. My honest answer is I don't know, which is not the same as no.
Here's the trade-off as I see it. The role is probably 15–20% more scope with no guaranteed comp bump — compensation review doesn't land until February. I'd be leading a team of six instead of three, dealing with a vendor relationship I've heard is difficult, and trading a program I understand thoroughly for one I'd be learning through the first two quarters. On the upside: genuine delivery ownership rather than coordination, and cross-functional visibility that hasn't been on my plate in a few years.
What I'm actually worried about is the hours. My current situation runs roughly 45 hours a week at busy intervals, 38 otherwise. My hypothesis is the new role runs 50-plus for at least the first two quarters of 2027. I'm not willing to test that assumption at full commitment — I've run the numbers on what that does to everything else and the answer isn't interesting.
Current best guess: I ask for a direct conversation with the program director to understand scope and the vendor situation before I give any signal either way. No commitment, no soft yes. If the hours assumption holds, that's probably a pass. If a comp case gets made in February, I'll revisit.
Next step: email the program director by end of next week. Give it two weeks to see if this is real or a trial balloon.
#career #decisionlog #money #weeklyreview